Empires of the Undergrowth is on its way to Steam early access at the beginning of December for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. This is a definitely a game to keep an eye out for if you're into real-time strategy games. The game was funded through Kickstarter, in which it beat its goal of £10,000.
From the developers:
“Empires of the Undergrowth is a simulation-style strategy game in which the player controls an ant colony. Underground the ants excavate their nest, store food and grow in number. On the surface they claim territory, overwhelm insects and arachnids and clash with other colonies!”
- Carve out and construct your underground nest to suit your strategy
- Engage in fast-paced colony versus colony combat above ground
- Play as different ant species and explore their unique traits and weaknesses
- Encounter and overpower dangerous beetles, arachnids, and other awesome arthropods
- Grow your pet formicarium over time by completing missions